Tiny White Flowers

Tiny White Flowers

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Artist's Way Journal - Week Ten (Nine), Day Seven

What a weekend.  Two Thanksgiving dinners and three times to the gym.  And not much writing accomplished.  

Today I led the launch for the new weight routine.  It'll get better the second and third time I teach it, and I'll figure out where I might have made some changes.  This always happens.  I'll probably always find ways to improve what I've done.  That's why there's a next time.  

DD and I did some more driving, which ended up in Port Gamble, and then Poulsbo at the Village Bakers.  A pear and almond tart and a Napoleon, with Egyptian chamomile tea and some Chai.  It was good to get out, and that's probably the closest I will get to an Artist Date for the week.  In Port Gamble we visited an antique store, Dauntless Bookstore, and the Artful Ewe.  The antique store was too quiet, I got a phone call while in the bookstore so missed most of it, and the yarn store was filled with lovely colors and fibers.  Most of the stuff looked to be handspun, and there were some gorgeous felted blankets and sweaters, some knitted, some straight from unspun fibers.  

Here's an example of the gorgeous stuff they have there.  Reminds me why the seasons were always so distracting to me when I was spinning and dyeing and designing my sweaters - the colors of nature are so incredible to me that I was always imagining various combinations as yarns...

FiberSoup.jpg

Sample of unspun fiber and the finished product, a two-ply handspun from the Artful Ewe site~


The rest of the day was taken up with hashing out medical insurance stuff, which always makes me crazy.  Finding paperwork for DH when he is in a "mode" is nerve-wracking, to say the least.  It makes me snappish and cranky.  We did make some headway, though, without much drama, (a little swearing at the current insurance agent for lying to us when he signed us on in the first place), and spent the rest of the time looking up alternatives online.  

DS, I found out, had more homework than he'd realised.  Tonight is, of course, the last of a four-day weekend, and the last minute to be doing homework.  So, what else is new?  I sat up with him to work on math until he just couldn't hack it any more (in part due to ADHD, and also the fact that he was at the neighbor's for an overnight).  I know how it is for him to try to concentrate when his brain has stopped cooperating, so I sent him off to bed.  I'm thinking Gingko might be good, if it doesn't mess with his diabetes.  I need to do some more research on that.  I know it can mess with Type 2; just not sure about Type 1.


Newshop4.jpg

Another shot of the shop--The Artful Ewe.  Quite tasteful and very enticing.  I will have to get my crampy fingers and pinched nerve under control so I can do this stuff again.  At least the knitting...

Oh, and here's the last poetry prompt:

For today's prompt, I want you to write a resolution (or lack of resolution) poem. This is the poem that puts THE END on your collection. Maybe you can wrap it up with a pretty bow, or maybe it's open-ended. But today is definitely Day 30 of the challenge--and your last poem of November. Great job!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails