Tiny White Flowers

Tiny White Flowers

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Artist's Way Journal - Week Eight, Day Six

Missed a day.  Still haven't read the whole chapter.  It *was* a busy week.  I know I should make more time for Artist's Way, but this week I'm being stubborn.  Partly because of the choreography work, and partly because of the middle night break in sleep and being tired.  

I actually did take time yesterday to send in two submissions.  First time in at least a month and a half.  I realised that I didn't submit anything in October, which is very unheard of, seeing as this is prime time.  I haven't even sent a mss. out since the end of Sept.  So, I prepared two subs--one to Bellingham Review, and another to Quarterly West.  I'll cross my fingers.  I'm still waiting to hear from some other journals, and a trip to the post office box today yielded no returned SASEs.  Sigh.

Time to catch up on Robert's Poem-A-Day prompts.  

Today:

Posted by Robert

Did you sleep well last night? That’s too bad, because I want you to write a nightmare poem today. You could write an actual nightmare, or present a nightmare scenario related to your theme.

And yesterday:

For today's prompt, I want you to write a warning poem. Offer some kind of caution or warning related to your theme. Like, maybe, watch out for bad traffic. (Did I mention my trip starts off with driving through Atlanta? O, geez!)

So, it's the next day already, and I managed to write two poems.  One for each prompt.  I don't know that they're all that good, but they're written.

I'm now reading about mourning the loss of my creative past possibilities.  I'll get back to how I'm dealing with this, hopefully shortly.

==TKC


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails