Tiny White Flowers

Tiny White Flowers

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Artist's Way Journal - Week Five, Day Seven

Last day of Week Nine.  I may have to redo this past week.  I never even got there.  One of the other women in our group didn't get to complete last week, so I think we're in the same boat.  There is so much activity going on right now--DS and DH trying to figure out the carbs for DS's bedtime snack (3 cheese biscuits and a half cup of yogurt: 63.5 carbs).  Since we finished dinner a little less than 2 hours ago, a blood sugar reading wouldn't likely be very accurate.  And we were very happy not to get up in the middle of the night for the first time.  

I'm going to see if I remember the recipe for cheese biscuits.  They're very good, and I'm testing m memory.

Cheese Biscuits

1 1/3 C. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 C. grated cheese
1/4 C. chopped green onion
3/4 C. buttermilk
3 Tbsp. oil


Preheat oven to 450.  Mix dry ingredients together and add grated cheese and chopped green onions.  Blend together the buttermilk and oil and add to dry ingredients, and mix until just blended.  Drop onto greased baking sheet into 8 equal mounds with a spoon.  Bake 9 to 11 minutes.  

*   *   *   *   *

Sometimes we leave out the onions and dry mustard, and have plain cheese biscuits for breakfast.  They're relatively quick to make, and nice and light if you don't over mix the wet and dry ingredients.  Each biscuit is equal to 18.5 carbs.  
Onion Cheese Biscuits

They kind of look like this.  These have dill in them, and can be found here:

http://www.companyscoming.com/recipes/2007/4/295/

________________________________________________________  

So, no energy left.  I'm going to go up to bed, and maybe read some first.  I am so behind in poems!  That makes me grumpy.  I'm still getting some Pages done most days, so that's some kind of record.  But, I want to have 30 poems this month.  I better get busy!!!  

Is it possible I'm just taking on too much?

************************************************************************

Forgive me, Robert, for glomming onto your poem prompts, and also Thank You, at the same time for providing them.  Here's today's"

Today’s prompt is to write a poem that I’m calling the “Been Everywhere” poem. If you’re doing locations, it would be a poem that gives a shout out to all the places you’ve been. This can be made metaphorical, though.

 

For instance, if you’re writing poems about cancer, you could write a poem about cancer cells that have traveled through different parts of the body. If you’re writing cooking poems, you could write from the perspective of a cook who talks about all the meals he or she has cooked. Definitely keep doing what you’ve been doing and get creative with it and bend the rules to your theme.


Okay, so Up I Go!  To write!  To write!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails