Tiny White Flowers

Tiny White Flowers

Monday, November 3, 2008

Artist's Way Journal - Week Seven, Day One

Here it is, the eve of the election.  Will it be wonderfully historic?  I am hopeful.  DD is nervous.  I wonder if I'll sleep?  Will those who get out and vote stand firm with their true convictions, and not get cold feet in the voting booth? I am hopeful.  And the poets?  What are they doing?  They're writing, and speaking, as they've done for a long time.

One of my favorites:



I remember seeing him in Seattle a couple of years ago, and was wonderful to listen to.  One of the things I really like about him as that he'll read, and maybe stop halfway through and ask, "did you hear that?"  Or, at the end of a poem, "do you want to hear that again?" to which the audience always says 'yes.'  

May the power of poets such as Bly be in the air the rest of today, and all through tomorrow, until this whole election business ends.  Let them always speak.  Let me rediscover my own voice.  

--TKC

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails