Tiny White Flowers

Tiny White Flowers

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Artist's Way Journal - Week Eight, Day Three


I've been working on a deadline for work, and took time to stuff envelopes this evening for CCR.  It was really nice to get together with the women who make this journal what it is--good to be in the midst of their creative energies.

So, I'm not so good on doing my pages!  I am still hanging on to the Poem A Day thing, though, and no, I'm not letting the Artist's Way go, either.  But, since I'm heading to bed asap, here are the prompts I've neglected to work with:

November PAD Chapbook Challenge: Day 12
Posted by Robert

For today's prompt, I want you to write a poem that focuses on or discusses a tiny detail. It could be a tiny detail that is often overlooked, and you'd like to call attention to it. The detail could be one that if overlooked can cause good or bad things to happen.


I like this one from yesterday--and remember how I used to create equations from house address numbers, trying to find ways to make them all balance.  

November PAD Chapbook Challenge: Day 11
Posted by Robert

Today is 11/11. What a mathematical day! (As some of you know, Tammy and I were married on 08/08/08 at 8:08--so I don't take numbers for granted.)

I also don't take these prompts for granted. For instance, today's prompt is to write a deep thought or observational poem related to your theme. The poem can be long and persuasive--or short and profound. Think about your theme. And then, think about your theme some more. And some more--until you find some deep thought or make an observation that others may or may not have considered.


Monday's prompt is:

November PAD Chapbook Challenge: Day 10
Posted by Robert

Hooray! Once you finish your poem today, you will be one-third of the way to completion. Isn't that awesome? And isn't this month speeding by so fast? Possibly even, too fast?

Well, it's not over yet. Today, I want you to write a "survival of the fittest" poem. Try to come up with a poem relating to your theme that plays around with the idea of the survival of the fittest. If you think about it long enough, you may be surprised with what you discover.


Okay, I'm armed with ideas now.  I really appreciate Robert's poem exercises, especially when my brain is somewhat akin to mush right now.  Cheers!

Off to write in the little leather journal, and to sleep!  Tomorrow is a big day at the gym for me.  Three classes... 

--TKC

BTW--the above photo was taken in San Francisco, in a gift shop.  I am always amused/amazed by shelves filled with multitudes of trinkets and shiny junk.  So, there we are.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails