Tiny White Flowers

Tiny White Flowers

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Artist's Way Journal - Week Ten (Nine), Day Four

So I'm waiting right now for DH's sourdough to come out (first), then the cinnamon rolls he made (next), before I start in on baking the sweet potatoes (first), and the pumpkin pie (after that).  I've got until 8:30, then it's total focus so that everything is done and ready to ferry (literally) over to my DM and DDad's for dinner.

DD(aughter) was up until past 11:30 last night (!) washing dishes and cleaning the kitchen.  She even swept the floor, which isn't her norm.  She was mad, and waiting for the rest of us to go to bed before she started in on the rest of her work.  I have to say, the kitchen looked good.  Better than normal.  I guess she was showing us.  

So, I tried to find a good photo of pumpkin pie, and got a cool chair instead.  I'll just have to take a photo of my own pie, which is preferable, since I am making a pie.  I have one more sugar pumpkin to bake, but that'll wait for a bit.  


Today's poetic prompt (Robert, you're amazing.  Now go eat):

For today's prompt, I want you to write a poem that could be the climax of your collection. This is the take-no-prisoners poem you've been working toward all month. You get to decide how you're going to approach this poem, but keep it focused on your theme--and make it climactic.

Imagine that if people read the poem you're about to write that their faces would melt off from the brilliance of it--and that they'll all get together (at least the ones who are still alive) and sing praises to your poetic brilliance. No pressure.


I've got my work cut out for me.  People wonder why we do the things we do, on top of the other things we do, but I think this is because if we didn't try to cram in that "one other thing," we'd feel incomplete.  At least I do.  If I don't do something that resembles writing of some sort, I feel like a part of me has atrophied.  And, in a way, it has.  So these Morning Pages (and yes, today it truly is a Morning Page) are very good for me.  Best when I've given myself enough time to do them.  

I'd better go cut butter and put it in the freezer.  I totally forgot to get lard.  (Gasp.)  I'll have to use butter exclusively.  Well, I did that last Sunday, and it worked just fine.  I don't use shortening.

Question:  Do most people still automatically hit the space bar twice after each sentence?  I do.  But in my poetry group it came up in discussion that now the "norm" is to hit it once.  I don't know how long it will take me to "reform," or if I will even try.  Something to think about, anyway.  

On to butter things...  Back soon?  Maybe...


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails