Tiny White Flowers

Tiny White Flowers

Friday, November 28, 2008

Artist's Way Journal - Week Ten (Nine), Day Five

Today was more Thanksgiving.  I did the turkey this time, and had left-over sweet potatoes (yams) from yesterday.  These are really good, and different from previous years.  One difference: no marshmallows on top!  Instead I put in two eggs, some grated orange and lemon zest, cream, and pie spices. Butter and milk figure in there somewhere, too.  

We also had homemade rolls (DH made these), cauliflower casserole (from our friends who also brought roasted potatoes and an extra turkey drumstick and some very good cake), green bean salad with mustard dressing and red onions, homemade whole berry cranberry sauce, in-the-bird and out-of-the-bird stuffing, wine and sparkling cider.  Maybe tomorrow I'll upload the pie photo I took yesterday.  Pie's gone now.


Prompt:

Okay, with 3 days left, it's time to write a top-of-the-world or celebration poem. Even if your overall collection is a downer, try to find something related to your theme to celebrate. After all, you have 2 more days to get back to your overall mood.


I just finished the dishes, and the dishwasher is humming.  I'm going to head to bed asap so that I can fully enjoy the sound while I write.  There is something very soothing about that.  


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails