Tiny White Flowers

Tiny White Flowers

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Artist's Way Journal - Week Four, Day Four

It's official--the October 15 deadlines for book mss. submissions have come and gone.  In a way it's good, because I don't have to worry about getting them out.  But, I'm sorry to have lost those opportunites.  So, I'll look to the end of the month deadlines, and try to get my book out.  

I'm feeling lost again this morning.  Tired from the 2 am blood sugar check, which made me stay awake because DS's reading was high--that, after a nice low reading before bed.  What's up with that?

I teach both Pilates today and weightlifting.  And DS has drums for the first time in two weeks.  He's terribly behind in homework.  I'm tired for him.  We are all of us going to a retreat this weekend, which will get us more behind, be challenging for carb counting and getting injections on time, not to mention lack of sleep.  But, it will be an opportunity to chill out in some other ways.  And take naps.  I hope to take advantage of that.  And to write.  I might not go to the planned Saturday morning program...  we'll see.  

I'll check in later.

*   *   *   *   *
Later it is.  Once again I've been procrastinating.  DS managed the day fairly well, and his blood sugar went as low as 92 midday.  However, it went back up to 207 later on.  Not sure what to make of it, but it is averaging lower now, which is encouraging.  Let's hope this weekend doesn't send him over into a higher range again!

After teaching I feel better.  Always good to get the blood moving, and teaching brings me into a different place.  I try hard to engage my students; I want my classes to be fun and challenging.  I'm not always "on," but when I am it feels so good.  I love that feeling of connection with the people in my class, and I dearly enjoy them--they make the class for me.  It feels good to move, and I dream of doing more yoga.  I can see why people are so taken with it.  It's amazing what the body feels like after a day or two of doing yoga.  I once took a three-day workshop with other instructors, and by the end of it I felt as if I'd had a good massage.  And, it was a very spiritual experience for me.  One I'll have to (try to) describe sometime soon.

** Artist date:  I'm going to try to get away by myself during the retreat.  Walk the beach, or something water related.  Maybe take a nap!

Now it's late, and I'll need to be on top of things if I'm going to manage the 2 am blood test.

--TKC

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails