Tiny White Flowers

Tiny White Flowers

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Artist's Way Journal - Week Five, Day Two

These morning pages have become spotty lately.  It seems that there is so much happening, and when I do have a moment to write I do other things.  I'm seeing some patterns here, and need to try to correct them.  

I'm really tired.  Up again at 2 am, and in the morning I feel disconnected.  Last spring, when I was experiencing anxiety attacks for about 3-4 months, I felt this same disconnectedness, and can readily attribute it to lack of sleep.  I need to get more; problem is, in the evening I get a new burst of energy (sometimes) and use that time to do somewhat unimportant computer things.  I guess I should cut myself a little slack, as some down-time is necessary once in awhile.

Speaking of that, I was just on Yahoo and caught sight of a side article about some UFO sightings made available through the UK National Archives.  So, I took a look, and found it quite interesting.  A pilot, during WWII, ordered before leaving the ground to fire at the unidentified object, tells his story after 30 years of being ordered to keep silent.  In the air, he'd selected 24 missiles, and shortly thereafter the object vanished, moving at quite high speeds. 

I'll need to bookmark the National Archives site for future reading.  My DM and I have always been open to unexplained phenomena--ghosts, other-worldly beings, etc.  One might think that strange as I also believe in the Creator.  I'm an Episcopalian, and I'm very inclusive of race and persuasion.  (I could go on about this part of it, but then I'm getting away from the original topic.)  And I do have a place for belief in beings other than ourselves, all part of the whole that came into being through this Creative Energy some spend a lifetime trying to explain.  I have a place in my beliefs for the marriage of God and science; it makes sense to me, and many scientists hold that the beginning of things likely had some spark of divine inspiration.

Like I said, I could go on.  

** Little aside: I'm finding that maybe I shouldn't just limit myself to poetry, but am not sure what other avenue I could explore with regards to submit-able writing... Maybe it'll become more apparent in the next few weeks.  If nothing else, if all I get out of these 12 weeks is some good exploration through the morning pages, it will have been worth it.  Even though I'm *so* not doing this "correctly."

More later...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails