Tiny White Flowers

Tiny White Flowers

Friday, October 3, 2008

Artist's Way Journal - Week One, Day Five

Today is a drizzly day.  I have a stomach bug, so I'm not high energy.  DD still feels yucky, too.  

So, what are my main activities this week?  

Poetry Workshop
Teaching Pilates/weight-training
Going to a meeting/Lego even with DS
Starting work on choreography for a class at work
Making yogurt/washing dishes/driving kids to and from school...

What do I prefer doing?  Poetry workshop the most.  I want to go to the meeting, but am having difficulty balancing driving for that, and also the timing.  I don't want to impose too much on DA or DH, even though they've offered--somewhat reluctantly.  And I understand why--it involves ferries, lots of driving back and forth, parking downtown (if I take the car over)... and my stomach bug.  I'm feeling stretched, and much less than creative.  

I didn't mention that one of my main activities this week is a whole lot of time spent managing the blogs!  That was one of the first things on my list when I hand-wrote in my journal last night.  I seem the have the energy for the blog thing, and all else is going by the wayside.  I am *so* not disciplined!  What do I make of this?  In a way I am being creative with the blogs, but in another way it is taking me away from the creativity of making poetry.  

In developing the choreography for my job, there is a lot of creativity that goes on there, and a lot of challenges.  But lately I've been avoiding working on it.  I still have about three weeks or more to do it.  It's just best to get started early enough to have time to work out the bugs.  

Furthermore, I've all but forgotten about the Artist Date!  Help!  I'm sure something will work out.  

*** Something to think about: 

"My aim is to put down what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way I can tell it."
- Ernest Hemingway

"Being a poet is one of the unhealthier jobs--no regular hours, so many temptations!"
- Elizabeth Bishop

I think I'll stop here and hopefully pick up later.  

--R

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails