Tiny White Flowers

Tiny White Flowers

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Artist's Way Journal - Week Twelve, (Eleven), Day Six

Watching Victor Borge right now.  There aren’t many like him. His was a talent and humor rarely found anymore.  Truly funny without offence, with a deep love of language as well as music.  To watch him so easily play piano while clowning around is amazing.  I wonder what it is like to be so comfortable with your art that you can play around with it in front of an audience, and so flawlessly!  I hope there will be another like him some day.  Just like those actors who were so multi-talented—they could sing, dance and act—and are still a joy to watch. 

Being able to play the piano so comfortably, and so intuitively, would be a gift.  I’d love to be able to do that.  I took lessons for twelve years, but didn’t really get to be that great.  Perhaps if I’d practiced more, and not just on Monday after school, the hour before my lesson.  A few years ago, I tried to take a few lessons, but found my fingers just weren’t as nimble as I would have liked.  Or, maybe I just didn’t have the patience it would take to stick with it.  Or the true passion.  It’s been a couple of years since I played, and I might just try it again. In remodeling/rearranging our living room, we switched places with the piano and the T.V. 

Right now the news is making a big deal over the tiny bit of snow that is sticking to the ground.  Reporters are pointing out patches of snow accumulated on grassy areas around Seattle where roads are still shiny wet.  There is talk about blizzard conditions (a light snow), and how to deal with hypothermia and frostbite. Sigh. True, I did have to remove a small tree from a friend’s driveway when bringing her son home after school.  We did have a little wind yesterday.  It constantly amazes me how the news seems to have a need to sensationalize, to create a stew amongst the general public.  Makes one appreciate PBS and the BBC World news.  You just can’t get a local weather report, unless you are listening to local Public Radio. 

DD and I got out and drove today awhile.  Before the snow.  She’s doing pretty well, and getting practice often, at least every other day, if not more.  Admittedly, I wouldn’t mind waking up to a pile of snow.  We’ve got a roast, and I could easily make another couple of pizzas.  (We have home-made pizza this evening while watching the Three Priests on PBS.  I’d never heard them before, and they were good.)  The only down-side would be no drive practice if the roads remain icy. 

A glass of dessert wine and two small glasses of port have sent me into a sleepy state.  I’ve decided that Benjamin Port is pretty decent, while the Carlos Basso Vendimia Tardia (Vino Blanco Dulce Natural) 2006, is a little sweet for my taste.  Too bad there was only a small piece of Spanish chocolate left to go with it.  

So far, I've missed four weeks of church, the last two of which were the first and second Sundays of Advent.  And my first day at Grace was the first day of Advent, nine years ago.  And now I'm not sure if I'll make it there in the morning.  I live about 20 minutes away, and I really don't know what to expect with regards to road conditions.  It'll be cold, I know that.  

DS is bouncing off the walls, not going to bed.  He is late taking his Lantus, and has decided he needs a snack of two cups of milk.  That means just about two units of Novolog, too.  He took 15 units for the home-made pizza.  I figured out that each 1/8 of a pizza slice is about 43 carbs.  I want him to become carb savvy so that he can take more control of the situation.  I know in time that he will.  He's already doing well for only having been on insulin for a little over 2 months.

So, now it's time for bed!  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails