Tiny White Flowers

Tiny White Flowers

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Artist's Way Journal - Week Twelve, (Eleven), Day Four

I admit, today I'm feeling both overwhelmed and underwhelmed.  I had a minor anxiety attack this morning, which dissipated after I taught Pilates.  (I was pleased with the results.)  Pilates is good for many things.  

I am feeling anxious about the kids.  DD isn't feeling well, and I am worried she might be experiencing a touch of depression.  Granted, she's a junior in a new High School, and her brother is now attending her old school, and is getting used to diabetes.  Stress can make one tired.  Now it seems a sore stomach is involved, so maybe this is why she's down.  She did tell me that Monday was an unusually good day.  I was happy to hear that.  Maybe it's partly to do with being sixteen?

DS is feeling the effects of being behind in his homework.  He would really rather make animations on the computer and look things up on YouTube, and create things with Transformers and Bionicles.  But I'm getting e-mails from his teachers.  Well, one teacher right now...  I'm hoping not to hear from the others.  

Later in the day I taught weight-lifting, and felt better after that, too.  Even though DD is feeling sick, I'm feeling much less anxious.  DS got some Spanish homework done, and is in a better mood.  Friday is near.  Did I also mention part of my nerves come from the realisation that Christmas is less than two weeks away, and I haven't shopped?  

Sleep is in order.  Then a visit to the chiropractor tomorrow morning.  I want to get in some writing time.  We'll see if that happens.  We'll need to make a trip to the local Rite Aid to get new diabetic supplies tomorrow, and haggle with them about contacting our insurance so that they might actually chip in for this stuff.  I guess its marginally better than having no insurance whatsoever...

To bed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails