Tiny White Flowers

Tiny White Flowers

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Another day, another poem

It's nice to be back into a poetry phase.  I feel more connected with my writing again, and am revisiting work I started as exercises awhile back.  Haven't really written anything new though, but I'm really looking forward to getting together with two good friends, Annette and Kelli, for a writing day on Weds. 

Today I made a curtain for the side door, as a way to block out the chaos of the mudroom.  It's already up, and makes the kitchen and dining rooms look so different.  I like it, and am looking forward to getting the dining area curtains up finally. Also made yogurt, and went through some old clothes to give away.  Just watched Carey Grant in "People Will Talk," which was good.  I still have to get my Artist Trust Fellowship materials in order, to send off tomorrow.  Almost done with that.  And, I found a poem to share today, and sent that to a friend. 

Here's the first part of the poem, and link to Verse Daily, where it appeared:

http://www.versedaily.org/2012/theroosterisperfect.shtml

[The Rooster is Perfect]
       

The rooster is perfect
with his little fat feathered breeches
mohawk, muttonchops
hollering the sunlight down the whole hillside
his beak, his stone-chip eyes are perfect
  ...

 For the rest, just click on the link above to go to Verse Daily.

Off to bed~ 

Oh - and if you're doing something during Lent, feel free to share it with me.  I'd love to hear.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails