Tiny White Flowers

Tiny White Flowers

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Artist's Way Journal - Week Two, Day Two




Still need to read all of Chapter Two. I did get through the part about the Crazymakers. Got me thinking. Who are the Crazymakers in my life? Sometimes DH. Sometimes DA.

Sometimes me. I am probably my worst Crazymaker. I am erratic, and find all sorts of excuses not to do what I feel is important. I procrastinate from doing the writing that ultimately makes me feel good, like I've accomplished something. Crazy, because I interrupted this writing to check my Facebook account, and feed everyone's fish. Crazy because I'm probably going to check my blogs, to see how many hits I've gotten today. Like it matters!!

Last night's poetry workshop, as I've said, was good. Today I finally heard back from Tiferet, and was rejected. Granted, I'd had to pull two of the poems because they'd been accepted elsewhere, but still. On the other hand, I did get three full mss. out today, to the Philip Levine Prize (Anhinga Press), The Ohio State University Press (The Journal Award in Poetry), and to the Lena-Miles Wever Todd Poetry Series. Just in time to get the postmark on the envelopes. Phew!

I need a photo break. I'm so fickle right now. I guess that works in with my Censor /Crazymaker image... or whatever. Flickr, here I come!


Tibetan Poetry
Originally uploaded by Nathanael.Archer  

Somehow that makes me feel better.  I don't know what the poem means, and if someone reads this and knows, please tell me.  I think it's beautiful.  And I'm guessing I would like what it has to say.

My poem last night had to do with contemplating a jump into one of the Seven Sacred Pools at the end of the Hana Road.  I like the poem well enough, which is good, because that is something positive I can tell myself.  I'm thinking now that I might be able to continue in that vein, and see what else I can discover about that experience, which happened over 24 years ago. This would also work into the Artist Way business, because we are to look at our past for clues to our current behaviors and ways of thinking.  

Truthfully, I don't have much to say tonight.  I hope to really do Morning Pages tomorrow, but we'll see what comes.  I really should try.  It might be a good thing!

--R

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails