Tiny White Flowers

Tiny White Flowers

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Rain - Poem by Shel Silverstein

Rain - Poem by Shel Silverstein

And it is raining something fierce out there right now.  Wind too.  I rather think we'll be swept away soon, either by water or breath of air.  At least its warmer, a balmy 46 degrees.

So, I went looking for a rain poem, something layered and meaningful, something with a touch of complexity.  When I saw Shel Silverstein appear on my search page a wave of childish nostalgia lapped at my toes, and I remembered reading to my daughter and son from his wonderful books.  I look no more, and share this poem with you~


Rain  
by Shel Silverstein
I opened my eyes
And looked up at the rain,
And it dripped in my head
And flowed into my brain,
And all that I hear as I lie in my bed
Is the slishity-slosh of the rain in my head.

I step very softly,
I walk very slow,
I can't do a handstand--
I might overflow,
So pardon the wild crazy thing I just said--
I'm just not the same since there's rain in my head.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails