Tiny White Flowers

Tiny White Flowers

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Poem for Japan- Tuesday's Poem~

Poem for Japan- Poets.org - Poetry, Poems, Bios & More

I don't know what I'd do without the poem received each day via email from Poets.org. And every Tuesday another poem appears, sent from Line Break.  Here's is Poem for Japan, which is featured on Poets.org:


Poem for Japan
by Matthew Zapruder   

all day staying inside

listening to a podcast

discuss how particles

over the Pacific

might drift

I knew thinking

whenever cloud

scares me

I am not alone

my umbrella slept

in the closet

I placed a few nouns

in beautiful cages

then let them out

touched with my mind

the lucky cat

asleep in the deli

I always scratch

his head he slightly

raises to meet my hand

all over the remains

contaminated shadowmen

in blue suits that seem

ecclesiastical now

that science is

a religion crawl

the emperor

everyone has forgotten

is speaking

no one knows

how to be

loving and also

hope the wind

in a certain

and not another

direction will blow

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails