Tiny White Flowers

Tiny White Flowers

Saturday, May 1, 2010

And the Winners Are. . .


the big golden book of poetry, originally uploaded by tigerluxe.
Wow - what a month! It's been a busy one for me, in many ways. Not only was it National Poetry Month, Poem-A-Day (and I did write a poem a day), it was also the month my dad was diagnosed with leukemia.

I managed to keep on writing, and perhaps I got one or two usable pieces. The crazy thing is that I wrote a couple of poems prior to Dad's diagnosis that are about him (which is unusual), and my first poem of the month mentions "marrow," which has everything to do with leukemia. So, I must work with those poems, and see where they go.

* * *

Today is the day to select the winners of the National Poetry Book Giveaway, started by poet Kelli Agodon. There were 37 people who signed up, so I took Kelli's advise, and I've used the Random Number Generator to make the selection process easier. And the results are. . .

For Jennifer K. Sweeney's book, "How to Live on Bread and Music," winner of the 2009 James Laughlin Award of the Academy of American Poets, published by Perugia Press, the winner is:

~Diane Lockward~

For Shedding Our Skins (2008) and Some Other Eden (2005), my books published by Finishing Line Press, the winner is:

~Marie Gauthier~

Congrats to both!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Ronda!

I'm sorry about your dad's diagnosis. My best wishes & hopes for him & your family.

May your poems be fruitful & multiply!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails