Tiny White Flowers

Tiny White Flowers

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tuesday Musings or, Return to Ordinary Life or, If the Dishwasher is Empty, Might as Well Load It

Kind of how it is.

Valentine weekend was a busy one. Two movies: Percy Jackon and the Olympians (I read the first three books), and Avatar, a third time. Both decent enough, but too much in a weekend. Sometimes it makes me feel disconnected. Sometimes, lack of keeping up with the mundane makes me feel disconnected. Why is that?

I'm back to submitting manuscripts again, after a period of breath-holding, (yes, I'm a finalist in a book contest). After a month of waiting to hear I feel it is time to continue on. I'm also working on a new chapbook ms., and a new full book as well. The chapbook is ready to send out, more or less, but the full-book is still in its infancy, at a sum total of about 37 pages. Still, it's nice to have something new to work on. I really feel done with my current ms. It just needs a good home. Frankly, I'm really ready to kick it out of the house, let it do its own thing for a change. I've pampered it, and it is more than ready to experience life in the outside world, develop a thick skin. Or maybe it just wants to let everyone in, bare its soul to all those who would open its covers.

I tell you, a grey drizzle and the sound of a spinning washer can make the mind go in interesting directions.

So, it's off to the post office, and back to loading the dishwasher.

Enjoy the day, and do good work.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails