Tiny White Flowers

Tiny White Flowers

Monday, December 14, 2009

Monday Monday

Bah-da bah-da-da-da

Bah-da bah-da-da-da

Bah-da bah-da-da-da



Monday, Monday, so good to me

Monday mornin', it was all I hoped it would be

Oh Monday mornin', Monday mornin' couldn't guarantee

That Monday evenin' you would still be here with me



Monday, Monday, can't trust that day

Monday, Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way

Oh Monday mornin' you gave me no warnin' of what was to be

Oh Monday, Monday, how could you leave and not take me



Every other day, every other day

Every other day of the week is fine, yeah

But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes

A-you can find me cryin' all of the time



Monday, Monday, so good to me

Monday mornin', it was all I hoped it would be

But Monday mornin', Monday mornin' couldn't guarantee

That Monday evenin' you would still be here with me



Every other day, every other day

Every other day of the week is fine, yeah

But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes

A-you can find me cryin' all of the time



Monday, Monday, can't trust that day

Monday, Monday, it just turns out that way

Oh Monday, Monday, won't go away

Monday, Monday, it's here to stay

Oh Monday, Monday

Oh Monday, Monday. . .


* * *

So, short and sweet. I'm coming down with a cold, and it seems I'm getting nothing but rejections. Sneezed my head off half the day. Missed a Christmas party this evening. Wondering when my next acceptance will be, whether I should, once again, rearrange my ms.

That's the whining part.

There's also a good part.

I have to remember that today I also received a great message from a friend in Africa, and we talked about inclusion and gratitude. He's living with the Maasai, and has been for a few years now, after realizing he needed something more than his good job as an architect/interior designer. He felt a pull in another direction. . .

And I had energy today, for teaching weight-training, and I felt pretty darn good, even though I'm testing the peri-menopausal waters. More than. I got five hours in, designing the new weight-training routine, and am almost done with it. Before Christmas, and in time for the other instructors to get used to it before we launch it.

I remembered my VISA bill, even though it's 2 days late. I still remembered it. I still need to pay it, but it is no longer near the bottom of my pile. It's in plain view.

I had my spinach salad and am (today) getting enough water.

There is a roof over my head, heat in the wood stove, and my clothes are drying quietly behind me.

And, once again, I'm hopeful. For many things. Some very personal, bordering on selfish, and others more global. I've been thinking about volunteering. Been thinking about going somewhere, someday, out of my comfort zone, to help others. Not sure what that's going to be, but I think I'd like to visit Africa. Friends from Grace go a few times a year, as part of the Kossoye Project (their project), and at one time lived there awhile. They are in their late 70's. And I think how rich that must be, how challenging, and how it must widen the heart a little more. Heck, other of my body parts are doing that, why not continue that with the heart and mind? I can already feel it.

It's been a Monday. In various ways. And that's okay.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails