Tiny White Flowers

Tiny White Flowers

Monday, December 21, 2009

Monday, Late

So it's been full here, very full. I've just been watching the PBS Frontline special, From Jesus to Christ, which is a rerun, but now that we have the converter box, we can see it much better. I'm just sorry I am so tired I dozed during the last half hour, off and on. Tomorrow is part two. I hope I do better then. It's a good program to watch, to get perspective on life before, during, and after the life of Jesus, and the beginnings of the Christian church.

Earlier today I dropped DD and friend off at the ferry. They spent the day in Seattle. Feeling a little sorry for DS, I suggested we go see the movie he's been interested in lately: Avatar. It's not quite 3 hrs long, but in my opinion, much better developed than many movies I've seen lately. I crave depth in movies and books, and this satisfied. As it is new, I won't say any more. Only that if you are interested in the politics of preservation, of terrorism, in ancient belief, connectedness and compassion, and in fantasy, then this movie might be for you. If you see it, let me know what you think.

Yesterday, I saw Black Nativity with DM, at the Intiman Theater. It was fantastic, full of color and music and dancing, of celebration. For more information about Black Nativity, and about the Total Experience Gospel Choir, visit:

http://www.blacknativity.org/
http://www.intiman.org/ (which is where we saw the performance)
http://www.totalexperiencegospelchoir.org/

The Total Experience Gospel Choir has been to our church, and they are wonderful. To find out more, visit the link just above.

And finally, tomorrow DD, DS, and DA and I are going to see PNB's production of the Nutcracker, featuring the Maurice Sendak artwork and influence. I've seen it several times, and it is well-worth it. For more about Pacific Northwest Ballet and the Nutcracker, visit:

http://www.pnb.org/?gclid=CI3Pgu2-6Z4CFSAtagodKHToPA

Now I'm exhausted, what with all of these Christmas interpretations running through my head. . . it's been an interesting week.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails