Tiny White Flowers

Tiny White Flowers

Thursday, November 12, 2009

On Submitting the Poetry Manscript

Well, having time to go over my submissions notes, I discovered that I have submitted my current manuscript, under the same name, many more times that I'd realised. That was quite a shock, let me tell you. I could have bought a decent camera with what I've shelled out so far, what with reading fees, paper, gas and mailing costs. Will this deter me from submitting further? No. There are still deadlines coming, and I'm right there with them this year. And, I've even missed a couple deadlines I wanted to make!

How many have I submitted this year? Thirty two. For 2009. I started in 2006. . . but, I've submitted to more places this year than in any other year, by a bit. I'm trying also not to submit to everything out there, but am being selective about the presses I choose.

Deep breath.

Even though the title hasn't changed, the order and content of the manuscript has. Right now I feel better about it than I ever have. I spent two afternoons with friends, sharing our work and giving suggestions. I received some great ideas and comments, and this helped a lot to shape the collection as it is now. Even though I feel the poems fit into the collection well enough, the collection is now ordered in four parts, and feels like it has more flow, more sense.

Slow exhale.

Now I hope, and wait!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails