Tiny White Flowers

Tiny White Flowers

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesday Musings - Back From Centrum


I'm back from Centrum, located in Port Townsend at the scenic and historic Fort Worden.

* * *

"Fort Worden State Park and Conference Center is a 434-acre multi-use park with over two miles of saltwater shoreline and a wide variety of services and facilities. The park rests on a high bluff overlooking Puget Sound. Many historic buildings remain at this 19th century military fort."

"Centrum, in partnership with Fort Worden State Park, is a gathering place for artists and creative thinkers from around the world, students of all ages and backgrounds, and audiences seeking extraordinary cultural enrichment. Centrum promotes creative experiences that change lives.

Located in Port Townsend, Washington, Fort Worden—a turn-of-the-century army base--offers an unmatched combination of natural beauty and historic interest. Acres of saltwater beaches, wooded hills, and open fields are framed by stunning vistas of the Olympic and Cascade ranges and the Strait of Juan de Fuca. It’s a place where the land stops, the sea begins, and the mind keeps going."

* * *

I was there for a week, Sunday to Sunday, and stayed in the four-plex just above the Hostel, top apartment (D), on my own. I'm going to post installments from my journal over the next few days about how my stay went, as well as photos.

The above photo shows the four-plex I stayed it. Look to the upper left half, and that's where I stayed.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails