Tiny White Flowers

Tiny White Flowers

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Monday Poem - on Tuesday~

The Sun Magazine | Illumination

 ILLUMINATION
by Eric Paul Shaffer

On those cold, clear winter mornings, I rise in the dark, and I sit
beneath a lamp with a pen and paper in a circle of light
barely bright enough for the work. The window beside me is black

and blank, and soon I'm staring only through the window of the page
at whatever I'm drawing from ink and concentration.  Hours pass,
and, always when I least expect it, there's a sudden tide of light

as the sun crests the mountain. When the first rays flood the fields,
the tin yellow curtain behind me brightens, and the room swells
with light. Everything is suddenly golden and illuminated,

and for just that one moment, I make the glorious and forgivable
mistake of thinking it has something to do with me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails