Tiny White Flowers

Tiny White Flowers

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Bare Naked Bones - A Worthwhile Blog

A friend of mine from way back - first grade, it so happens - has a blog called "Bare Naked Bones" which I recommend visiting.  The content is centered around the musings of a woman paying attention to her surroundings on an everyday basis.  It isn't glossed over and beautified.  The author paints a very honest and telling story of life where she lives and walks her dog.  It is sensitive and compassionate.  It is passionate and raw.  This is a writer who isn't afraid to tackle the tough stuff and share it with the rest of us.

Here is an excerpt from one of her posts:

Slowmo Slim Jim

It was like watching someone play Grand Theft Auto in slow motion. He poked and jabbed around the driver's side window with a flattened beer can, muttering, cursing and teetering. He knocked at the frame and tried the door handle several times before noticing me. "Can't find my keys. Heh heh." I smiled and let my dog sniff a nearby tree a bit longer. After another reassuring "Heh heh," he resumed.

The car is an icy blue Jaguar that is always parked in front of a retirement home, on what is rapidly turning into the worst street in the area. It stands out like a diamond in a coal mine. . ."



To read the rest of the post, and others, visit Bare Naked Bones~

3 comments:

girlweena said...

Thank you, fellow wordsmith. I'm delighted by this! I'd best catch up on your blog, too.

Big hug,

W~

R Piszk Broatch said...

Well, at least you've been writing lots on your blog. What with my life being taken up by Dad's illness, I've been less than stellar about my blog entries. And really, I should be writing about the journey. . .

girlweena said...

I'm sad to hear about your father. When the time is right, you'll find the words. I know you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails